Kingdoms of Amalur : Reckoning – Reviewed At IGN Exclusive Taste Test
The exclusive event was offered to a lucky 15 people who won the chance the review the game two months ahead it's official release in February of 2012.
Reactions & Impressions Of Kingdoms of Amalur : Reckoning
- "It's really nice to see magic incorporated into a action RPG that's not completely separate from combat"
- "I love that you can choose your own path, you don't just have to follow one"
- "it's awesome. The world is so vast. You can just explore anything, anywhere."
- "The art style is great. It's really original, a bit different to every RPG that's just brown and grey."
- "I just really like all the design that's gone into the environment, the settings are really beautiful, the maps are really nice."
- " I love the destiny system, i think that works really well."
- "They have all the options there. Whatever character you want to make, there's a destiny card just for you."
Lead game designer, Ian S Frazier, had some great things to say about the game, and how much he enjoys attending pre release events :
Kingdom's of Amalur is a massive, open world, single player RPG, that features intense action combat, fused onto a backbone of hardcore RPG systems. In addition to that, we have this moment to moment combat that is much more like an action game.
It's fast, it's fluid, it's intense, you hit a button - you get a reaction, NOW. It's not like, hit it, let me do my attack, wait for it, and do something else, it gives a really instantaneous response, it's visceral & gritty, it feels good to be able to throw enemies around the field, and they can throw you around.
I love events like this. Talking to the press is great, getting the press excited is always fun, but my favourite events are like this. Talking to the community, people who already know the game or are just getting used to it, saying 'Reckoning is Awesome, this is WHY!'. I do like to talk people and tell them - 'This part of this class is awesome, you want to use this firestaff because it can do this...'
In addition to previewing & playing this popular game months before the rest of the world, attendee's also received free Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning t-shirt & Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning 'Destiny Cards'
Kingdoms of Amalur : Reckoning will be released by EA Games on the 9th of Febuary, 2012.
- Boom! A Comprehensive Madden NFL 10 Review (Part One) - NFL Hall of Fame coach and announcing icon John Madden retired this past year, but the franchise that bears his name will continue to put out the latest in NFL action every year. This year, we're out of the "Zeroes." Simply title...
- Diablo III Review - One of the most anticipated RPGs, Diablo III looks like it will take all of the great things from the previous games in the series and further improve them. The game will be developed by Blizzard, the fantasy game titans responsib...
- Top 10 New Video Games Coming In Holiday Season 2011 - This holiday season looks to be filled with many long awaited sequels to popular games, and is sure to strain the wallet of any gift giver with a gamer in his or her life. Below is a list of the top 10 most anticipated games comin...
- Nintendo 3DS Price & Release Date Announced - [caption id="attachment_1670" align="aligncenter" width="421" caption="The Nintendo 3DS"][/caption] Nintendo have delivered again, with the long awaited announcement of the Nintendo 3DS & it's release date. The 3-D handheld co...
- Nintendo Wii 2 – What’s With The Delay? - [caption id="attachment_1750" align="alignright" width="250" caption="Nintendo Wii 2"][/caption] We all know how successful the Nintendo Wii has been. Not only is it one of the top-selling game consoles that’s ever graced this pla...