5 Killer Tips To Get More Out Of Your XBox 360
Playing on your Xbox 360 can be great, but when you're playing that next round of golf on Tiger Woods 2010, are you really wondering: isn't there more to life?
Well, okay, we're not going to get that philosophical on you today, but you might have found yourself wondering if there might be a little more to your Xbox 360 than playing the same old games every day.
Sure, you love those games, but even great games played a million times over can get to be a bit of a drag. In order to spice up your video game life, let's take a look at what it takes to get more out of your Xbox 360: creativity and...the reading the rest of this article.
Here are five tips to expand your Xbox 360 horizons.
Tip #1: Play DVDs.
This is the most common of the extra-game features available on the Xbox 360, essentially, and there's no reason you shouldn't take full advantage of it. You don't even need to buy a new DVD player: you just need to use your Xbox 360 and - voila! - you're watching movies or episodes of your favorite shows on your video game's TV.
It might be a little bit of a pain if you have to lug your Xbox 360 around from TV to TV in order to play DVDs on each one, so you might want to spring for a cheap DVD player if you have a television in the other room. If not, simply plug in that DVD of Iron Man and let 'er rip!
Tip #2: Go from Xbox 360...to desktop.
Okay, so maybe your Xbox 360 isn't going to be your main computer, but as Lifehacker notes, you can get a lot more out of your Xbox 360 if you turn it into a sort of media center. Since Xbox 360's can easily connect to the internet these days, this might not be as hard as you think.
Lifehacker has a great guide for doing this as well. And what can you do once you have a media center ready to go on your Xbox 360? Your Xbox 360 can record as a DVR, for one - this requires installing a tuner card. You might be surprised just how much entertainment you can manage from your Xbox 360...and you'll wonder more and more why you ever bought that DVD player!
Tip #3: Play music.
Your Xbox 360 can easily play music - even while you're playing games. If you're sick of the same old sounds on a game of FIFA 2010, then you might want to consider adding your own sound track: your favorite songs.
Sure, some of the songs might be a little out of place, especially if you're a Classical music fan, but you'll find this can enhance your gaming experience and kill two birds with one stone. Heck, you might even want to explore the potential of using your Xbox 360 as a CD player when you've got guests around.
Just make sure you don't let them see how much you've been playing Xbox 360.
Tip #4: Get Xbox 360 Live.
Okay, we'll admit that Xbox 360 Live is just another way to play games, but you haven't played Halo 3 until you've played it with strangers from all over the world. In fact, it can make a great way to socialize when you don't actually feel like leaving the couch. You can also invite your friends to play you, which will save on gas money.
Tip #5: Turn it off!
Just occasionally, it can't hurt to turn off the Xbox 360 and enjoy the outdoors for a little bit. You'll like the exercise, and when you come back indoors you'll feel fresh and ready again. Cure the Xbox 360 boredom with some good habits like getting out of the house more occasionally and you might enjoy the gaming experience far more.
- Which Gaming Console Most Suits Your Personality? - If you've never been much of a video game user - or simply not avid enough to buy a game system of your own, you probably find yourself torn between three great brands. For example, you have the newly re-invented Nintendo brand, w...
- Is XBox Live Worth It? - If you're a serious gamer, you probably can't live without Xbox Live. You love playing Halo 3 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 with your friends so much that you find it hard to peel yourself off of the game console and actually...
- Which Game Is Best Suited for Online Play? - There are a lot of video games out on the market these days, and with each release, there's always the potential for a new game that can go online and become a title that thousands are playing at any given time. If you were to log...
- The College Kid’s Guide to the Xbox 360 - We all know that college students are, by their nature, poor. Sure, there are exceptions: the polo shirt-wearing Ivy League-er who probably doesn't have to worry about money, or that preppy kid down the hall who seems to have just...
- How to Tell If You’re a “Wii” Man - No, I'm not calling you a "wee" man, I'm saying you might be a "Wii" man - as in Nintendo Wii, the unique and brand-defying entry from Nintendo that escapes the traditional Xbox vs. PlayStation battles by carving its own niche. Th...